Why book direct?
- 5000 Ft extra szállásutalvány(all inclusive ajánlatok foglalása esetén)
- Welcome Drink upon arrival
- Pre-order services(champagne, bunch of flowers, cake)
- Massage discount
- Potential early check-in and late check-out
- Belenus Plage(March to October)
- One time use of electric charging station(for our guests arriving with their own electric car, in the case of a reservation of at least 2 nights with halfboard or all inclusive)
Buffalo reserve, Kápolnapuszta
The Buffalo Reserve was the “Visitor Site of the Year 2014 in the Balaton-felvidéki National Park”.
The visitor site plays an important role in the survival and the conservation of genome of the indigenous buffalo in Hungary, and it is the popular display center of the species since the tameness of the livestock makes direct connection possible with the visitors. The visitors become acquainted with the gentle, pitch dark animals on the path supplied with picnic area, information boards and lookout tower, and at the exhibition on buffalo history. An interactive exhibition displays the flora and the fauna of Kis-Balaton, part of the Balaton-felvidéki National Park. A car park, a snack-bar and a souvenir shop await the visitors.
The Buffalo Festival is held in the Reserve every year in May. Our guests can stroke tame animals every day, during the opening hours. The entrance ticket of the Buffalo Reserve is valid to the site where the tame animals can be stroked. The playground awaits children especially between the age of 4 and 14 years.
The Great Crested Grebe Nature Trail near Balatonmagyaród can be visited for free during the whole year. Interpretive boards give information in Hungarian and in German. Names of species are written in Latin as well. Two other interpretive sites of the National Park are the Tilted House in Vörs and the Matula Hut and István Fekete Memorial Site, where the Egret Nature Trail awaits the guided groups.